Thursday, January 12, 2012

Homemade baby food fail...

Thanks to my mother I received a baby bullet for Christmas.
Something I was extremely excited about because I wanted to do homemade food for my monkey as I did for the beaners.
Mind you Lyss was born in Dec so she was ready for solids in the summer when everything was in season.
Lukas, not so much :(


I had started him on solids when he was 4 1/2 month (such a piggy he was/is)
and at that time I didn't have said bullet so I bought Gerber.
The night before last I had finally finished the pre packaged food I bought and was excited to start my own.
Because it is the middle of Jan I thought "Hey! Why not use canned?"

BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!

Come to find out all the nutrients in the veggies are almost non existent while the canning process happens and what little is left seeps out in whatever juices they pack it with. Then the worst news of all, cans have liners with BPA in them!!!!

Can we say worst mother in the world right here?
*points to self*
Now I have all these canned veggies and nothing to do with them!


commercial baby food: 1
homemade baby food: 0




5 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! You can buy frozen or just spend billions on fresh. That's why I am the second worst mother ever and just stick to Gerber...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to make homemade baby food. I just ended up getting the jarred stuff or just mashing up whatever we were eating. I wouldn't call myself the worst mom ever, but maybe the laziest. I would stay away from the canned vegetables though. Unless you have to go into a bunker for a few years... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was more the BPA in the cans that made me feel that way. I have no issue using Gerber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I didn't know you had a blog?! It took me forever to be able to leave a comment but I finally figured it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started this week so I'm pretty much a noob, haha

      Delete